Fresh salmon is marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon and garlic then tossed on the barbecue. Sweet, slick and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 5 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 Tassal fresh salmon portions, skin on
- fresh chives and lemon slices, to garnish
Preparation:10hours › Cook:6min › Extra time:2hours marinating › Ready in:12hours6min
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon zest, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, sugar, water and vegetable oil until sugar dissolves.
- Place salmon portions in a bowl with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat barbecue to medium and lightly oil. Cook salmon skin-side-up for approximately 1-2 minutes. Turn salmon and cook for a further 2-4 minutes, depending on how well done you like your salmon. Baste with the marinade while the salmon cooks and keep in mind cooking times will vary with the thickness of the salmon portions.
- Garnish with chopped chives and lemon slices. Serve with your favourite salads and sides.